Friday, August 28, 2009

From This Day Forward

I knew after only a few dates that Grant was someone special to me, and it didn't take me long after that to realize he was the one I was going to marry. He obviously felt the same way, because 4 short months after we started dating, he proposed on August 17, 2008. 
After much deliberation, we decided on a June 6, 2009 wedding in Las Vegas. Vegas seemed so perfect for us because we both love it there, it was close enough for family to travel to, and it would be a fun vacation for our guests. 
We arrived in Vegas 2 days before our wedding day to prepare. We were both excited about the wedding, yet couldn't wait for it to be over after all the preperation we put into it.
Our wedding day was beautiful. The weather was perfect - high of 84 degrees - and everything came out just like we expected and wanted. The only thing that went wrong that day was that I was sick with strep throat, but that's ok! If that's the worse that could happen on my wedding day, I was pleased. I was just happy that I was finally getting to marry my best friend and the love of my life. Never before had I felt so confident in the decision I was making as I did that day. Marrying Grant was probably the best thing to ever happen to me. He is an honest, respectful, and gentle person. And he puts up with ME! haha. I don't know how he does it, but he does.
I decided to start this blog to keep track of the things that go on in our life. We don't have children, we lead pretty boring and uneventful lives, but I want to look back 50 years from now and be able to read about the little things that went on in our lives before children came along. That is my goal. From this day forward.....

No comments:

Post a Comment