Friday, October 9, 2009

So busy!

Between work, sleep and work.. I've been really busy lately! I just got done working 11 days in a row. Crazy... I know! But I made it. I started 2 new jobs, so that took up a lot of my time. I really like the new places that I'm working though, so that made it easier. I've also checked off a few items on my list of the past few weeks, too!

1. I've eaten at 2 new restaurants. One was a Mediterranean restaurant called Cafe Izmir. It was pretty good. It's close to my house and they deliver. I even tried 2 new foods there. I'd probably eat there again sometime, but I wouldn't say it was my all time favorite place.
I also ate at Qdoba. Oh.My.Gosh. I can't believe I've never eaten there before! It was soooo good! I liked it so much that I made Grant go with me again a few days later and that's when I tried their vegetarian Tortilla Soup and fell in love. Seriously. It is to die for! It is going to be one of my all time favorite places fo' sho'. :)

2. We adopted a dog! His name is Spike and he is a 6 yr old Boston Terrier that we adopted from a BT rescue group. So far, he's been pretty good. Sick, but good. Poor little guy was heartworm positive and is going through treatment right now. It's really rough on a dog, but he's taking it well. Here's a pic of him riding in Grant's car:
 

3. I took a photography class. I'm going to take several, actually. They came free when I bought my camera.

4. I am now TNCC certified. YAY! TNCC stands for Trauma Nurse Core Course. It's a 2 day course with written and verbal tests that you have to pass at the end of the course. They teach you about how to accurately and timely assess a trauma patient and what to look for in those situations. I learned a lot through the course, and I'm really glad I took it.... and passed! lol

Well that's about it for now. I've actually got a few more things on my mind I want to write about, but I'm going to save those for later this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment